- Roasted Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 cups (as per your taste)
- Milk – 4 cups
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Crushed cardamom and cloves- 4
- Cashews and raisins – 1/4 cup
- Sabudhana/ sago – 1/4 cup
Soak sabhudhana for 1 hour. Add in boiling water and cook till it turns transparent. Drain off the water and wash it.
In a pan heat 2 tbsp of ghee and add the vermicelli. Roast it for 3 to 4 mins.
Add water, sabhudhanap and cover it. Let it cook it medium flame for 10 mins.
Add sugar and stir till it dissolves.
Add milk, crushed cardamom and cloves and let it boil for 2 mins.
Stir it nicely and switch off the flame.
In a separate pan heat 1 tbsp of ghee and roast cashews and raisins. Add it to the payasam.
Serve it hot or chilled.