- Lemon juice ( extract juice of 1 big size lemon)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly – 2
- Curry leaves – 7
- Cooke daal – 1 cup (add asafoetida while cooking and mash it)
- Onion – 1 (cut into thin slices)
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic – 4
- Green chilly – 3
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Pepper – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Grind all the above ingredients coarsely.
In a pan take oil, add mustard seeds, red chilly and curry leaves.
Add the ground masala and sauce till the raw smell goes.
Add the cooked daal sufficient water and salt.
Add onions. let it come to boil then switch off the flame.
After 3 mins add the lemon juice. Tangy lemon rasam is ready to be served.