- Rice – 1 cup
- Toor Dal – 3/4 cup
- Mixed vegetables(Yam, Cucumber, Drumstick, Cluster beans, Carrots, Snake gourd, Brinjal, Green Brinjal, Raw mango, Raw banana) – 2 cups
- Tamarind extract – 2 tsp(if ur not adding raw mango the add extract of a small lemon size tamarind)
- Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Green chilly – 5
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Drumstick leaves – a handful
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 2 tsp
- Red chilly – 3
- Hing – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
For grinding :
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Shallots – 4
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Grind all the above ingredients to a coarse paste.
Cut all the vegetables and wash it at least 3 times.
In a cooking vessel take 5 cups of water and add turmeric powder, hing, yam, cluster beans and green chillies.. Let it cook.
Once the water is boiled add washed rice, dal, salt and chilly powder.
Add the remaining vegetables except mango after 5 mins.
In a separate pan takeout,add mustard seeds, urad dal, red chilly and curry leaves. Add this to the rice.
Once the vegetables are 90 percent cooked add the drumstick leaves, coconut paste, tamarind water,mango and stir. Check for salt. Let it cook in medium flame for 5 mins.
Switch off the flame and cover the vessel for 15 mins.