- Bay leaf – 1/2
- Onions – 1 (thin slices)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Mint and coriander leaves chopped – a handful
- Capsicum( green, yellow, red) – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Water – 2cups
- Rice – 1 cup(basmati or Jeeraga Chamba. I prefer jeeraga Chamba for its aroma. u can use any rice of ur choice)
Soak the rice and drain the water. Keep it for 30 mins. Keep all the veggies ready.
In a pan add ghee and bay leaf.
Add onions and let it get brown.
Add ginger garlic paste and stir till the raw smell goes.
Add veggies, Mint, coriander and salt. Sauce it
Add the masala powders and 1 tbsp of water. Sauce till the oil separates.
Add rice and mix it well.
Add water and simmer the flame. Cover and cook till the rice turns fluffy.
This colourful rice is perfect for your kids lunchbox.