- Medium sized Brinjal – 3 (cut into big slice)
- Cheena avarakai vatral / Dried Cluster beans – 10
- Garlic – 15
- Tamarind – big lemon size
- Curry leaves – 10
- Chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Kuzhambu Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Gingelly oil – 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Soak Tamarind in sufficient water and extract the pulp
Fry brinjal and Cluster beans individually in oil and keep it aside.
In a pan take oil, add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds
Add onions and curry leaves
Add tomatoes and garlic. Let the garlic get cooked.
Now add coriander powder, Kuzhambu chilly powder and chilly powder. Sauce it well.
Once the oil separates add tamarind water,Brinjal, salt and let it boil nicely.
Now add the fried beans and let it cook for another 5mins.
Serve it with steamed rice and papad.